Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Short Season of Other Poets


Paeonia Suffruticosa

Inspired by Michelle McGrane at Peony Moon, who is going to be featuring a poem from Camper Van Blues on her blog this week, I have decided to forego the pleasure of thinking up something intelligent for Raw Light and follow her example by posting up already-published poems by other people.

So I'm now officially putting out feelers for poems from new or recent (i.e. no earlier than 2007) poetry collections.

Basically, if you have a previously published poem which might fit the sharp, cynical and paradoxically romantic tone of Raw Light, find the link in the sidebar and drop me an email. I'll be asking a few friends directly too, with my usual charm, and hope to post up my first Other Poet's Poem in the next few days.

Not sure how many poems I'll feature, of course. As many as it takes for me to get bored of such selfless behaviour, I guess.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the mention, Jane. I look forward to reading the poems.

The peony is gorgeous.

Hope the hairshirt doesn't get too itchy.