Monday, April 05, 2010

New poem in Ink, Sweat & Tears ezine

A new poem of mine is now live at Ink, Sweat & Tears, which is a literary ezine currently edited by poet and all-round groovy person Helen Ivory. (And Charles Christian, she adds hastily, having looked at the site and thoroughly confused herself over who the editor actually is.)

The poem is called 'Collision', and accordingly involves a head-on collision with a coach.

It was a collision which I survived, obviously, but not unscathed. Ten years on, my wrist, thanks to my impatience with my cast, is still broken. Though I only notice it when asked to carry heavy shopping, or in damp weather.

Of course, when I say 'new poem', I mean never before published. It's been lurking in a To Be Revised file for more than five years.

I always intended to expand it. But I never did.

1 comment:

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Jane

Commiserations on your damaged wrist. I fell off a ladder the other day and smashed my right kneecap so I am not unsympathetic. I've discovered that as you get older, your body basically starts falling apart even without any exacerbating accidents. I'm really looking forward to your next collection and will, of course, buy a copy!

Love from Simon