Friday, July 15, 2011

SOLD! My Tudor Witch series is acquired by Random House Children's Books.


It's been a fantastic, fast-moving day here. My agent phoned at around lunchtime to say that a publishing deal was on the table for my Tudor Witch Young Adult series. I discussed the finer details with him, hung up, and tried not to get too excited about the whole thing - though of course I was!

I tinkered with one of my manuscripts and answered a few emails, tidied my desk, sauntered out for a coffee, occasionally glanced at my inbox.

Then I got the very exciting call I'd been waiting for from my agent.

Random House Children's Books have acquired the first book, WITCHSTRUCK, and the next two books in the series. The series should launch next summer under the name Victoria Lamb, a few months after the publication of my first adult Tudor novel, THE QUEEN'S SECRET, with Transworld, also part of the Random House Group.

I'm hugely pleased and want to thank everyone who's been so supportive of my efforts on Facebook and Twitter and here on Raw Light over the past year. I know it can get confusing when I keep posting under different names, and people have been very patient and understanding about that.

I'm really looking forward to meeting the team at RHCB now. Which I shall do later this summer. And I expect a Victoria Lamb website and blog will be launching in the autumn.

To quote one of my favourite films, Almost Famous, "It's all happening!"

10 comments:

Anne said...

Wow. Congratulations!

Kiru Taye said...

Yippee! Well done, Jane.

Roddy said...

Thumbs up, Jane. Family move to Hampstead on the cards?

Jane Holland said...

Thanks, all!

Roddy, more likely a move to the Isle of Man, where tax is a constant 20% and capped at 100,000 per annum.

But these are early days. I've no immediate plans to up sticks and flee the land of my birth.

Someone's got to keep an eye on the Poetry Society, after all . ;-)

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Jane

Fantastic news! I really don't know where you get all the energy from - you appear to achieve more in a day than I do in a year!

Best wishes from Simon

Sally Clements said...

Congratulations, Jane, a fantastic, well earned achievement!

Myne said...

This is great news, congrats Jane!

Jane Holland said...

Thanks, all!

And a very special thanks to you, Myne. I know you list me on your blogroll, as I get loads of traffic every month from your site in particular. Marvellous stuff, so many thanks for that!

Jx

Rebecca Brown said...

Just caught up with this, huge congratulations - I'll be keeping an eye out & reading ASAP!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news, J, hearty congratulations to you! Bx