Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Horizon Review

I was recently offered and accepted the editorship of Horizon Review, a new online literary magazine coming out of Salt Publishing. The first issue is due to be launched in September and my inbox at Salt is now open for email submissions.

Some of you may know that I edited a poetry magazine called Blade back in the nineties. Needless to say, I'm really excited to be back at the helm of a literary magazine again!

You can visit Horizon Review online to read about my plans for the magazine, look up submissions rules and guidance, and find out more about Salt Publishing. Please note though, if you are thinking of submitting work for the magazine, that all submissions must go through my Horizon email address, which you can find on the Salt website.

From the Horizon Review pages ...

The name of this new magazine, Horizon, was also the name of a groundbreaking literary review edited by Cyril Connolly back in the 1940s. I've always been fascinated by the history of literary reviews, the 'little' magazines; such ephemeral things - yet charged with astonishing intensity and potential to create change ...

Horizon Review publishes poetry, short stories, essays, articles and reviews on contemporary literature and art. The magazine appears twice yearly.

3 comments:

Marion McCready said...

Congratulations, I'll be keeping an eye on it!

Jane Holland said...

Thanks, Sorlil!

I've got my work cut out for me with this one though. First day in the job yesterday, and my new Salt inbox was flooded with attachments. Submissions to the magazine, already, only a few hours after the official announcement.

Luckily, I don't have to make any decisions for a while. The first issue won't be out until September, which means there's plenty of time for reading all those submissions!

David Lumsden said...

Congratulations and good luck with the deluge. The site already looks well organized and clearly laid out. A new small mag is always an exciting thing. I'll be looking forward to seeing the first issue.